We don't have children, so I'd like to join the fun and write 10 things about Drake, our puppy.
10. Drake arrived home on Sept 8 2005, just shy of being 4 months old (his D.O.B. is May 15 2005). He's from PJ Pets, so I consider him a bit of a rescue because he'd been there for so long.
9. It took about 3 weeks to get Drake to eliminate outside, the longest 3 weeks of our lives. I figure it's because he'd hadn't been eliminating outside for the first 4 months of his life.
8. The first time Drake peed in his crate in defiance was hilarious. The crate didn't have a wire bottom like at the pet store, so rather than go through it started spreading. Drake started backing up and putting his paws up on the sides of the crate to avoid the pee.
7. According to a training book I read dog personalities can be categorized into 6 main groups, I think Drake would be called a "Joker" because he's funny, sometimes hard to control and train for a golden retriever, and he was voted class clown.
6. Drake has passed his first level of training and starts the intermediate level in late January.
5. It took him 2.5 months to get excited about the word "walk".
4. He still doesn't get excited about the words "cookie" or "treat" (he gets lots since he trains daily).
3. He likes fetch, but doesn't play indefinitely at it, usually he'll only fetch between 5 and 10 times and then leave you alone.
2. Drake sleeps on his back, it's funny seeing his paws floating in the air.
1. He's fustrating at times, but we love him.