Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The return - TMI

OK, not so finished Friday, if you don't like bloodily fluids stop reading now.

It all started up again on Saturday, went to the hospital as I passed out from blood loss. They brought my blood pressure back up and I stopped passing blood and clots on my own, but since it was 11pm the OB/GYN wanted to see me in the hospital the next day for a potential D&C. Well Sunday I didn't have any issues, so they sent me home. Monday of course I started bleeding heavily again, so I was back in emerg, which was packed and it took 8 hours to see a doctor. Strangely when I finally got to see another OB/GYN when she checked me out I had stopped bleeding again, so she was going to send me home, but before she did she wanted to check the size of my uterus, which was tiny she said and I bleed all over her and the table, so she decided I was bleeding and she did the first exam again and decided on an immediate D&C and more blood tests to see where my hemoglobin count was (it dropped from 107 to 79 in the 6 hours between test, so no wonder I was dizzy and weak, the normally value for a woman is 115).

Anyway, the D&C is pretty quick, they wheeled me out of ER at 12:30 and I woke up in the post op at 1:20 and pretty lucid, although I got sleepy again when they were wheeling me to my room, I stayed overnight due to my weakened state.

I'm home now recovering, still weak and headachy. Today hubby and my inlaws stayed, tomorrow, my hubby is going into work late and coming home early and my inlaws will stay with me in the intervening time. I hope my mom doesn't read this before I get to talk to her, I didn't want to let her know what was going on on Saturday until they made a decision, Sunday morning she left for a short vacation, forgive me mom the docs didn't know what to do with me until Monday night, well technically Tuesday morning.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

(((hugs)))
What a horrible weekend for you.
I'm glad you're ok now. I'm right around the corner though. Wish I'd known you were in hospital - i'd have come.
jenn

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh honey what a w/end!!! I'm so glad it's all over now but WOW.. talk about your nightmare!!! do you need anything? Can I help in any way? Let me know k?

HUGS HUGS HUGS

hope548 said...

My goodness, how awful! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but so glad you are home and doing ok now. Take care of yourself!!

mom of 2 said...

Sounds like you've really been through the ringer! I hope that you will be able to begin to heal now and can get back to normal! I'll be praying for you!

Chrissa

Beck said...

That sounds so very, very terrible. I hope you can have some rest and healing now.