Monday, May 31, 2010

16 Weeks tomorrow

Really, has it only been 3 weeks since I posted? It surely feels like 2 months have passed...really only 3 weeks?

Obviously I'm very excited, and I want the weeks to just whip by, they seem to go SOOOO SLOWLY! Next major milestone is the move back into the city proper on June 19th, just 2.5 weeks away. I've done some of the documentation to get the move underway in changing our address. There is still a lot of packing to do and mom has been helping me, since hubby wants to do his own packing. At least hubby takes apart the big items for the move, I just have to pack my stuff and the joint stuff.

The pregnancy has been very easy, I have only 1 complaint, I think I pulled a muscle in my back way back in Feb (due to the loose muscles & ligaments of pregnancy) and it's hurt by 6pm everyday since (OK, I got about a week's relief with no pain about 2 weeks ago). Right about now I'm debating on taking it very easy for a few days, seeing an acupuncturist, seeing a masseuse or seeing a chiropractor, any of them are covered by my health insurance at work, I just have to submit the bill, I'm just lazy.

Today I noticed that my belly is finally bigger than my boo.bs, I'm sure that will change tomorrow. Also apparently I could even start feeling movement this week, if I'm really attentive and guess correctly that it's the baby moving rather than my digestive track. It's more likely that I won't realize the movements until week 18 or so. I wonder when hubby can feel the baby moving.

Oddest craving. Cold milk, by the 1/2 litre or more (pint for my American buds). Odd because I'm sensitive to lactose, and although I have lactose free milk in cereal, tea, coffee, have yoghurt and cheese, I haven't had a glass of milk in years. I crave it by the glass though!

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

hope the move goes smoothly!

mom of 2 said...

Awesome! You should feel the baby moving soon. I could feel Emily at about 16 weeks, but only in the afternoon when I was lying very still. I can't remember when hubby could feel, although I do remember waking him during the night a few times to try without any luck, which didn't make him too happy. I'm so excited for you and will keep praying for continued health! :)