Overall, I really do eat a lot of easy convenience food that might not be all that colourful, I also tend to eat 3 larger meals and then get really hungry at night. I also live a very sedentary lifestyle.
My first challenges need to make baby steps to change these habits, but also be a challenge and change in behaviour. Ultimately I'd like to get to the point where I'm doing the 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise every day that is recommended for children, and to eat mostly fresh, real food for all my meals.
Eating Challenge #1
Eat one leafy dark green and one yellow fruit or vegetable every day
Exercising Challenge #1
Interval training in jogging every day with the dog - 1 block jog, 1 block walk for at least 6 intervals, but preferrably 10.
Some other challenges I'm thinking of for myself:
- 2 different fruits or vegetables with every major meal (brekfast, lunch and dinner)
- No eating out - and that includes coffee
- No processed foods
- No foods that result in something going to the garbage dump - recycling and composting is OK (i.e. stickers off fruit from super markets, twist ties off bags of bread or milk, pull tabs off milk and juice cartons etc).
- Vegetarian for 10 days
- 10 exercise ball and 10 weight training exercises every day
- 10 exercises using only my own body
- Swimming daily for 10 days
- Games of basketball or soccerball with family
Would love to get some ideas from all of you with respect to eating and exercising.