Monday, November 15, 2010

40 Weeks - Due Date Arrives

Today is my due date. I'm not yet in labour, and I don't think it will be today.

I started reading FlyLady.net today, the baby step to a clean and organized home on day one is a shiny kitchen sink. Well baby step number 1 is actually "a shiny sink" but since all the pictures are of a kitchen sink, I'll just be doing that.

Since I'm not in labour yet, and feeling a little motivated to do things other than sit around and watch TV, I've put together a little to do list for the day.

My to do list:

  1. Eat breakfast
  2. Shine the kitchen sink
  3. Put away 1 basket of clean laundry
  4. Shower and dress
  5. Have a coffee
  6. Dry hair and put on makeup
  7. Apply for government maternity leave benefits
  8. Apply for work top-up to maternity leave benefits - turns out this one I can't complete until I have proof of #7 being completed.
Bonus Items:

  1. Fold and put away another 2 clean baskets of laundry (it was done last night to take advantage of the cheaper electricity rates).
  2. Clean master bathroom tub - just in case I go into labour because apparently a warm bath can help. It's just getting down on my knees and leaning over the tub with a huge belly to do the cleaning that is daunting.
  3. Take clothing donations to the donation box (maybe I'll do this at lunch time if I go pick up a lunch).
  4. Put some of my maternity clothes into a box for storage (the ones that don't fit or are no longer appropriate to the season, like my shorts and Capris).

Updates:

The main list is done, and I even gave myself a manicure!

No comments: