I started reading FlyLady.net today, the baby step to a clean and organized home on day one is a shiny kitchen sink. Well baby step number 1 is actually "a shiny sink" but since all the pictures are of a kitchen sink, I'll just be doing that.
Since I'm not in labour yet, and feeling a little motivated to do things other than sit around and watch TV, I've put together a little to do list for the day.
My to do list:
- Eat breakfast
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Put away 1 basket of clean laundry
- Shower and dress
- Have a coffee
- Dry hair and put on makeup
- Apply for government maternity leave benefits
- Apply for work top-up to maternity leave benefits - turns out this one I can't complete until I have proof of #7 being completed.
- Fold and put away another 2 clean baskets of laundry (it was done last night to take advantage of the cheaper electricity rates).
- Clean master bathroom tub - just in case I go into labour because apparently a warm bath can help. It's just getting down on my knees and leaning over the tub with a huge belly to do the cleaning that is daunting.
- Take clothing donations to the donation box (maybe I'll do this at lunch time if I go pick up a lunch).
- Put some of my maternity clothes into a box for storage (the ones that don't fit or are no longer appropriate to the season, like my shorts and Capris).
The main list is done, and I even gave myself a manicure!